United University of Nursing is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. This Statement of Privacy applies to the UUN website and Learning Management Systems (LMS) and governs data collection and usage. By using the United University of Nursing website and Learning Management Systems, you consent to the data practices described in this statement. Our policy has been designed and created to ensure those affiliated with United University of Nursing of our commitment and realization of our obligation to not only meet, but to exceed, most existing privacy standards.
This policy applies to UUN and it governs any and all data collection and usage by the University. Through the use of www.uunursing.com, Canvas, and Thinkific, you are therefore consenting to the data collection procedures expressed in this policy.
UUN does not sell, rent, or lease its customer lists to third parties. United University of Nursing may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (email, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to a third party. Third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide services to UUN, and they are required to maintain confidentiality with your information.
UUN does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
United University of Nursing uses various third-party social media features, including but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, Tiktok, and other interactive programs. Those may collect your IP address and require cookies to work properly. These services are governed by the privacy policies of the providers and are not within United University of Nursing’s control or jurisdiction.
Student records are protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA); federal regulations which assign rights to students and responsibilities to educational institutions regarding students’ education records. The Act governs the maintenance and release of information from those records. The University has a separate policy governing FERPA regulations. Student privacy FERPA Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
Specifically, this policy will inform you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the UUN website and Learning Management Systems
- Why UUN collects personally identifiable information and the legal basis for such collection
- How UUN uses the collected information and with whom it may be shared
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information
Information UUN collects
It is always up to you whether you disclose personally identifiable information to UUN, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user/student. This website collects various types of information, such as:
- Voluntarily provided information which may include your name, home or work address, email address, telephone number, as well as billing information
- UUN also collects anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as zip code, age, gender, preferences, interests, and favorites
- There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by UUN. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring web site addresses.
Why UUN Collects Information and for how long
UUN collects your data for several reasons:
- To better understand your needs and provide you with the services you have requested
- For the operation of service, to maintain quality of service and to provide general statistics regarding use of the UUN website
- To inform you of other products and services available from UUN and its affiliates.
- To conduct research about your opinion of current services or potential new services that may be offered
- The data UUN collects from you will be stored for no longer than necessary. The length of time we retain said information will be for a total of 5 years unless the records include graduation information, of which is kept for the existence of the University.
We reserve the right to make changes to this policy at any given time. If you want to make sure that you are up to date with the latest changes, we advise you to frequently visit this page. If at any point in time UUN decides to make use of any personally identifiable information on file, in a manner vastly different from that which was stated when this information was initially collected, the user shall be promptly notified by email. Users at the time shall have the option as to whether to permit the use of their information in this separate manner.
Unsubscribe or Opt-Out
All users and visitors to our website have the option to discontinue receiving communications from UUN by way of email or newsletters. To discontinue or unsubscribe from the website, please send an email that you wish to unsubscribe to email@example.com. If you wish to unsubscribe or opt-out from any third-party websites, you must go to that specific website to unsubscribe or opt-out. United University of Nursing will continue to adhere to this Policy with respect to any personal information previously collected.
How to Contact Us
Telephone Number: (951) 526-1033
Mailing Address: United University of Nursing
39252 Winchester Rd Ste 107-492
Murrieta, CA 92563